The information contained on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and informational materials provided are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, medicate or prevent any disease.
All material provided on this website including blogs, forums, comments, and messages are for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health program.
Any comments made about nutritional supplements are of a general nature and not intended to provide personal advice. The reader should seek the advice of a trusted health care professional regarding the use, risks, benefits, indications, and contra-indications of the various nutritional supplements which may be mentioned.
The reader is advised to discuss the comments on these pages with his/her personal healthcare practitioners and to only act upon their advice.
Regarding prescription drugs and compounds mentioned: Any comments made about drugs are of a general nature and not intended to provide personal advice. The reader should seek the advice of a trusted health care professional regarding the use, risks, benefits, indications, and contra-indications of drugs.
We want to reinforce that there are two basic categories of prescription drugs; commercially available drugs and compounded medications. The term medication is used to differentiate compounded from commercially available drugs.
Commercially available drugs are:
- Reviewed and approved by the FDA for safety and efficacy.
- Approved by the FDA for one or more specific indications and contain package inserts that may explain usage, contraindications, warnings, precautions, adverse reactions and drug interactions.
- Manufactured by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspected firms that are compliant with Current Good Manufacturing Practices enforced by the FDA.
- Available by prescription and are usually obtained at retail pharmacies.
Compounded medications are:
- Not reviewed by the FDA or State Boards of Pharmacy for safety and efficacy.
- Not approved by the FDA for any indication and do not contain FDA reviewed package inserts that may explain usage, contraindications, warnings, precautions, adverse reactions and drug incompatibilities.
- Prepared by pharmacies that operate under state law, United States Pharmacopeia (USP) requirements and USP Good Compounding Guidelines.
- Available by prescription from licensed pharmacies that are equipped to compound drugs such as Wells Pharmacy, Inc.
Additionally, the patient should be advised that compounded medication:
- Is provided based upon the medical need of the individual patient.
- Is prepared by a licensed pharmacy.
- Has not undergone the FDA’s New Drug Application process and has not been reviewed or approved by the FDA for safety or efficacy via the New Drug Application process
Medical Information and Advice:
Wells Pharmacy Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are trained to assist callers, and provide other sources of information. However, because CSRs are not healthcare professionals, the information they provide cannot substitute for the medical expertise and advice that resides with your primary healthcare provider.
CSRs do not provide medical advice to patients, nor provide referrals to alternative healthcare practitioners.Wells Pharmacy encourages all patients to consult their primary healthcare provider to discuss both the advantages and risks of complementary and alternative medical treatments.
Links to Other Internet Sites:
The links to outside Internet sites provided on the Wells Pharmacy World Wide Web pages are provided as a service to our users and do not imply endorsement by Wells Pharmacy. Wells Pharmacy is not responsible for the availability or content of these individual organizations' home pages.
I am requesting this consultation by my own choice, and assume all responsibility for my use of Biologically Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). I acknowledge that I am legally responsible for and aware of the potential side-effects associated with BHRT. I understand that no doctor, pharmacist, or administrative personnel can guarantee that BHRT will provide the results I seek. I hereby release Wells Pharmacy, all its employees and pharmacists from any and all liability whatsoever associated with or connected to my Biologically Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) consultation and/or use of BHRT.
I have been advised in the hormone assessment about the increased risks of heart disease, myocardial infarction, stroke, and breast cancer possibly associated with the use of hormone therapy. I am currently under the medical supervision of a primary care physician. I fully understand that it is my responsibility to have an annual physical examination along with appropriate laboratory testing. I have answered truthfully all of the questions on this questionnaire.
Sign up to our mailing list